By Munwar Shariff
The way to set up, use, and customise this strong, loose, Open resource Java-based company CMS
Alfresco bargains precise firm content material administration (ECM) and aspires to be "Documentum speedy and free", and was once based via a former Documentum govt. Alfresco can shop quite a lot of electronic content material in versatile, shrewdpermanent "spaces". content material is offered via an online interface, shared community folders, FTP, WebDav, and different equipment.
Users can organize Alfresco to strategy content material in yes methods, in accordance with company principles and workflow necessities. it might probably additionally practice model keep an eye on to files instantly, making it effortless and secure to collaborate and replace files.
Alfresco is thought of as the main strong open-source company content material administration approach. utilizing Alfresco, directors can simply create wealthy, shared content material repositories. This ebook exhibits you ways to unharness this strength to create collaborative operating platforms on your firm.
What you are going to examine from this e-book? This booklet will take you thru the whole cycle of making plans, imposing and customizing your ECM install. one of the themes lined are:
- Working with clients and club bills, together with LDAP integration
- Using Alfresco as a wise record repository; operating with computerized model monitoring and keep an eye on, and having access to the repository from the internet, shared community folders, or FTP
- Making content material effortless to discover utilizing seek, content material categorization, and metadata
- Automating rfile administration initiatives with company ideas and whole workflows
- Working jointly utilizing Alfresco's collaboration and syndication positive aspects to create potent operating teams
- Customizing the consumer interface, developing your individual dashboard layouts; featuring content material in customized methods appropriate on your business
Munwar Shariff is an skilled software program coach for CIGNEX Inc. He has proficient many clients, directors, and builders in Alfresco and lots of different platforms. This booklet distils the hands-on procedure of his education classes right into a concise, functional booklet. The emphasis is on getting up and working quick and learning the scope and gear of Alfresco incrementally via useful discovery.
Who this e-book is written for?
This e-book is designed for approach directors, skilled clients or builders who are looking to set up and use Alfresco of their groups or companies. simply because Alfresco is loose many groups can set up and test with its ECM positive aspects with none in advance rate, usually with out administration approval. The e-book assumes a level of technical self belief yet doesn't require expert sysadmin or developer talents to get a uncomplicated procedure up and operating.
Alfresco is especially compatible for IT specialists who wish or have to manage a versatile company content material administration approach for his or her consumers, be that for demonstration, improvement, or as a mission-critical platform. This ebook will get you to that end result fast and successfully.
Read Online or Download Alfresco Enterprise Content Management Implementation PDF
Best java books
Over 60 easy yet exceedingly powerful recipes for learning multithreaded software improvement with Java 7
* grasp all that Java 7 has to provide for concurrent programming
* familiarize yourself with thread administration, the Fork/Join framework, concurrency sessions and lots more and plenty extra during this booklet and book
* a pragmatic Cookbook jam-packed with recipes for reaching an important Java Concurrency projects
Java is still the worldwide average for constructing numerous purposes and firm software program, and the release of Java 7 brings with it intriguing new features for concurrent programming when it comes to the concurrency utilities enhancement. this permits builders to utilize their functions with parallel activity functionality. "Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" covers all components of the Java concurrency API, delivering crucial recipes for profiting from the fascinating new capabilities.
On your desktop, you could take heed to song when you edit a note rfile and skim your emails, by surprise! for the reason that your working process permits the concurrency of initiatives, very similar to the Java platform which deals numerous periods to execute concurrent projects inside of a Java application. "Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" covers an important gains of the Java concurrency API, with distinctive emphasis at the new services of model 7.
With each one model, Java raises the to be had performance to facilitate improvement of concurrent courses. This booklet covers crucial and worthy mechanisms integrated in model 7 of the Java concurrency API, so that you can be capable of use them at once on your applications.
"Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" contains recipes to aid you in attaining every thing from the fundamental administration of threads and projects, to the recent Fork /Join framework, via synchronization mechanisms among initiatives, types of concurrent projects that Java can execute, information constructions that has to be utilized in concurrent purposes and the periods of the library that may be customized.
With the step by step examples during this booklet you’ll manage to observe an important and beneficial gains of the Java 7 concurrency API.
What will you examine from this ebook
* grasp the fundamentals of thread administration and synchronization prior to diving into better point concurrency initiatives
* become familiar with interesting new concurrency gains of Java 7, together with the Phaser type and the Fork/Join Framework
* effectively delegate thread administration to executors
* customise probably the most precious periods of the Java concurrency API with real-world examples
* discover ways to use high-level Java utilities to regulate synchronization among threads
* Get a sneak peek at utilizing Eclipse and NetBeans for debugging concurrency code
* stay away from issues of information inconsistency by means of studying the information buildings you'll want to use in concurrent functions
* reap the benefits of an advantage appendix filled with information that each programmer should still reflect on while constructing a concurrent program
"Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" is a realistic Cookbook jam-packed with real-world recommendations. Intermediate–advanced point Java builders will research from task-based recipes to exploit Java’s concurrent API to application thread secure solutions.
Making Java Groovy is a pragmatic guide for builders who are looking to mixture Groovy into their day by day paintings with Java. It begins through introducing the most important transformations among Java and Groovy—and how one can use them in your virtue. Then, it publications you step by step via lifelike improvement demanding situations, from internet functions to internet providers to computing device functions, and exhibits how Groovy makes them more straightforward to place into production.
About this Book
You don't want the entire strength of Java whilst you're writing a construct script, an easy approach application, or a light-weight internet app—but that's the place Groovy shines brightest. This dependent JVM-based dynamic language extends and simplifies Java so that you can pay attention to the duty handy rather than dealing with minute info and pointless complexity.
Making Java Groov is a realistic consultant for builders who are looking to make the most of Groovy of their paintings with Java. It begins via introducing the most important alterations among Java and Groovy and the way to take advantage of them for your virtue. Then, you'll concentrate on the events you face each day, like eating and developing RESTful internet prone, operating with databases, and utilizing the Spring framework. You'll additionally discover the good Groovy instruments for construct strategies, checking out, and deployment and the right way to write Groovy-based domain-specific languages that simplify Java development.
Written for builders accustomed to Java. No Groovy event required.
Purchase of the print ebook incorporates a loose e-book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
• more straightforward Java
• Closures, developers, and metaprogramming
• Gradle for builds, Spock for trying out
• Groovy frameworks like Grails and Griffon
About the Author
Ken Kousen is an self reliant advisor and coach focusing on Spring, Hibernate, Groovy, and Grails.
Table of Contents
<ol><h5>PART 1: in control WITH GROOVY</h5> • Why upload Groovy to Java?
• Groovy through instance
• Code-level integration
• utilizing Groovy positive aspects in Java
<h5>PART 2: GROOVY TOOLS</h5> • construct procedures
• trying out Groovy and Java tasks
<h5>PART three: GROOVY within the genuine WORLD</h5> • The Spring framework
• Database entry
• RESTful internet prone
• construction and trying out net applications
A entire Java advisor, with samples, workouts, case stories, and step by step instructionBeginning Java Programming: the article orientated procedure is a simple source for purchasing begun with one of many world's so much enduringly renowned programming languages. according to sessions taught through the authors, the booklet starts off with the fundamentals and progressively builds into extra complicated options.
Because of the tireless efforts of open-source builders, Cocoon has speedy received visibility because the preeminent XML-based internet publishing framework. regrettably, its documentation is still an important shortcoming. if you are new to Cocoon, gaining a feeling of precisely what you are able to do with it may be tricky, and really getting all started will be even tougher.
- AOP. Aspektorientierte Programmierung in der Praxis
- Java 2D Graphics
- Data Structures and Abstractions with Java (4th Edition)
- Java/J2ee Job Interview Companion
- Groovy Recipes Greasing the Wheels of Java
Extra info for Alfresco Enterprise Content Management Implementation
For example, an application like Adobe Photoshop can directly open and edit a file in the Alfresco content repository. This gives you the flexibility of using your own favorite editor to edit the content on the Alfresco server. Common Internet File System (CIFS): This helps you to map Alfresco content as your local file system folder. Web Services: Most of the ECM products that are on the market store content in a proprietary format, which is like a "black box". Alfresco content is stored as per the JCR (Java Content Repository‑JSR 170) open standards.
This will start the MySQL server and the Tomcat server. [ 34 ] Chapter 2 Restart Alfresco ECM - Community Network: Choose this option for stopping and restarting the Alfresco application. Alternatively, you can always start, stop, and restart the Tomcat application server and the MySQL database server manually, by going to their respective directories. It gives more control to the user. However, the service option and console option give batch files to perform the start/stop procedures in a consolidated way, relieving the user of any unwanted errors.
However, you can still run Alfresco using the normal console option. Starting and Stopping Alfresco as a Console Application The options for starting and stopping Alfresco as a console application can be viewed by clicking Start | All Programs | Alfresco ECM - Community Network | Run Alfresco. The options there are discussed below: Stop Alfresco ECM - Community Network: This option is used to stop Alfresco. It stops the MySQL server and the Tomcat application server. Start Alfresco ECM - Community Network: Use this option to start the Alfresco as a console application.