By Elizabeth Kutter, Alexander Sulakvelidze
In keeping with the emergence of pathogenic micro organism that can't be handled with present antibiotics, many researchers are revisiting using bacteriophages, or phages, to struggle multidrug-resistant micro organism. Bacteriophage as Antibiotics: Molecular Biology and purposes offers unprecedented, entire info on bacteriophages and their functions, comparable to phage treatment. It bargains ideas, media, and technique serious about separating and dealing with healing phages. photos, line drawings, and electron micrographs of phages also are integrated. With its huge technique, this ebook is an invaluable reference for microbiologists, hematologists, and infectious disorder researchers.
Read Online or Download Bacteriophages. Biology and Applns PDF
Similar biology books
For over fifty years the equipment in Enzymology sequence has been the seriously aclaimed laboratory common and the most revered courses within the box of biochemistry. The hugely appropriate fabric makes it a vital booklet for researchers in all fields of lifestyles and similar sciences.
There are various aggressive works out there touching on evolutionary biology, yet this quantity is kind of distinct in its idiographic point targeting Ostracoda seen from quite a lot of disciplines, a while and environments. The e-book bargains with numerous traces of idiographic biology and palaeontology of Ostracoda and nomothetic trials focusing strongly on evolutionary biology.
With approximately 100 years of in depth research, lipids have confirmed to be an important and ever-more-promising zone of mobilephone organic examine. In Liposomes: tools and Protocols, best specialists within the comparable fields discover state of the art experimental tools related to all points of lipids as crucial elements of the phone membrane.
Fungi: Biology and functions, moment Edition€provides a finished therapy of fungi, masking biochemistry, genetics and the scientific and financial importance of those organisms at introductory point. € without past wisdom of the topic assumed, the hole chapters supply a vast review of the fundamentals of fungal biology, specifically the body structure and genetics of fungi and likewise a brand new bankruptcy at the software of genomics to fungi.
- The Nile, Biology of an Ancient River
- Riboswitches: Methods and Protocols
- Protein Folding Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology Vol 350)
- Discover biology
- Lung Biology in Health & Disease Volume 215 Ventilator-Induced Lung Injury
- The Origin of Individuals
Additional info for Bacteriophages. Biology and Applns
3. Cyanophages The Small and Tailless Phages. 1. 2. 3. 4. 8. 1. 1. INTRODUCTION THE NATURE OF BACTERIOPHAGES As discussed throughout this book, bacteriophages are viruses that only infect bacteria. They are like complex spaceships (Fig. 1), each carrying its genome from one susceptible bacterial cell to another in which it can direct the production of more phages. Each phage particle (virion) contains its nucleic acid genome (DNA or RNA) enclosed in a protein or lipoprotein coat, or capsid; the combined nucleic acid and capsid form the nucleocapsid.
However, much of the basic research about fundamental aspects of genetics occurred quite independently of any understanding of the physical nature of the gene. , the addition of lactose to the medium) or did the mutations occur randomly all the time and their existence become known by imposition of the selective growth conditions? The outcome of this research would have profound implications for the science of genetics, but also for a deeper understanding of evolutionary biology in general. The major problem in this work was one of experimental design: how to observe a rare event that happened in a huge population prior to the selection for the outcome of that event.