By Anne H. Groton
A brand new variation of the bestselling Classical Greek textbook, that mixes a historically rigorous creation of historical Greek with an encouraging, friendly, and obtainable presentation for today’s glossy scholars. From Alpha to Omega conjures up scholars of historical Greek by way of structuring classes round attainable decisions of exact historical Greek writings, starting with Aesop’s so much fun and curious fables. via the second one half the booklet, scholars may be able to tackle instructive passages from the recent testomony, Demosthenes, Xenophon, Thucydides, Lysias, Arrian, Aristotle, and Plato.
* Readings from old Greek authors show new vocabulary and syntax discovered within the lesson, permitting scholars to improve the chapter’s lesson via “real” historical Greek passages.
* Succinct, instructive vocabulary lists for every lesson supplies scholars a workable checklist to profit and follow to the lesson’s readings.
* Efficient translation exercises in order that scholars can successfully perform the bankruptcy classes via a cheap volume of workouts and growth to the following lesson.
* Glossary containing all vocabulary phrases from classes and readings, either Greek-to-English, and English-to-Greek, together with web page they seem within the e-book, for simple scholar reference.
* Appendix of paradigms, together with the dual-forms for pupil reference.
New to the Fourth Edition:
* Self-tutorial workouts with a solution key that supply additional perform for college kids or person learners.
* Streamlined and modernized layout, attractive to today’s smooth learners.
* Integrated on-line resources, together with audio recordings of the vocabulary and readings, flashcards of the bankruptcy vocabulary, and extra!
Read Online or Download From Alpha to Omega: A Beginning Course in Classical Greek PDF
Best language learning books
There's a international of distinction among examining eastern that has been particularly concocted for college kids and analyzing actual Japanese-that is, eastern written for local audio system. The concocted style may be known as schoolmarm jap: normal to the purpose of insipidity, managed to the purpose of domestication, constrained to the purpose of impoverishment.
A brand new variation of the bestselling Classical Greek textbook, that mixes a historically rigorous creation of historic Greek with an encouraging, friendly, and available presentation for today’s smooth scholars. From Alpha to Omega evokes scholars of historical Greek by means of structuring classes round viable decisions of tangible historical Greek writings, starting with Aesop’s such a lot a laugh and curious fables.
This user–friendly e-book is aimed toward aiding scholars of Mandarin chinese language study and take note chinese language characters.
At last—there is a very potent and stress-free approach to research chinese language characters! This e-book is helping scholars to benefit and keep in mind either the meanings and the pronunciations of over 800 characters. This another way daunting activity is made more straightforward by means of suggestions in response to the psychology of leaning and reminiscence. key rules comprise using visible imagery, the visualization of brief "stories," and the systematic increase of extra complex characters from uncomplicated construction blocks.
Although studying chinese language Characters is basically a booklet for severe rookies of Mandarin chinese language, it may be utilized by an individual with an curiosity in chinese language characters, with none previous wisdom of chinese language. it may be used along (or after, or perhaps sooner than) a path within the chinese. All characters are simplified (as in mainland China) yet conventional characters also are given, while available.
• especially designed images and tales are utilized in a dependent solution to make the educational method extra stress-free and powerful, decreasing the necessity for rote studying to absolutely the minimum.
• The emphasis all through is on studying and remembering the meanings and pronunciations of the characters. assistance also are integrated on studying strategies and the way to prevent universal problems.
• Characters are brought in a logical series, which additionally offers precedence to studying the most typical characters first.
• glossy simplified characters are used, with pronunciations given in pinyin. Key details is given for every personality, together with radical, stroke–count, conventional shape, compounds, and suggestions on writing the character.
This is a realistic consultant with a transparent, concise and beautiful format, and it really is well–indexed with effortless look–up equipment. The 800 chinese language characters and 1,033 compounds detailed for the unique HSK point A skillability try out are lined.
All different written fabrics for the JACT examining Greek (2nd variation) are already on bibliotik. you'll find those by means of looking for extra books through this author.
retail caliber scan
Helps academics in school, at collage and in grownup schooling to take advantage of the analyzing Greek path to their top virtue. The Teachers' Notes to analyzing Greek describes the perform of skilled clients of the path and gives feedback for methods to undertake.
- Da Capo (7th Edition)
- Nihongo Hyogen Bunkei Jiten - Dictionary of Esessential Japanese Expressions
- Welten: Introductory German
- Practice Make Perfect French Vocabulary (Practice Makes Perfect Series)
- Genki II: An Integrated Course in Elementary Japanese (2nd Edition)
Extra resources for From Alpha to Omega: A Beginning Course in Classical Greek
Masc. -οι) -ων -οις -α (cf. masc. -ους) -α (cf. masc. -οι) δῶρα δώρων δώροις δῶρα δῶρα Just as in ο-stem masculines, the accent of ο-stem neuters is persistent, the genitive and dative (both singular and plural) have a circumflex if accented on the ultima, and the ultima of the genitive plural does not invariably receive an accent (see §43 of Lesson 7). In second-declension neuters (in fact, in every neuter noun in Greek), not only are the nominative, accusative, and vocative identical in the singular, but the same three cases are identical in the plural as well.
5. µὴ βλάπτε, ὦ Μοῖρα δέσποινα, τς θεραπαίνᾱς. 6. οὐκ ἐθέλω γράφειν τὴν ἐπιστολὴν τῇ δεσποίνῃ. 7. φύλαττε, ὦ θε τῆς χώρᾱς, τς σκηνς ἐν τῇ ἡσυχίᾱͅ. 8. γράφεις, ὦ θεράπαινα, ἐν τῇ κλνῃ; οὐχ ὥρᾱ πέµπειν ἐπιστολς. 9. ἄκουε τῆς θεᾶς ἐπειδὴ κελεύει· σπεῦδε ἐκ τῆς κλνης. 10. καὶ τς θεραπαίνᾱς πέµπουσιν εἰς τὴν χώρᾱν. English-to-Greek Sentences 1. ) the maids to hasten out of their beds. 2. Mistress, do you wish to send a message to the countryside? 3.
It is traditional to list them in that order, with the last four cases seeming to “decline” or fall from the nominative (the word case comes from the Latin word for “a falling”). The next section gives an overview of the cases and their uses. 28. Nominative: The nominative case designates the subject of the sentence. , “we are friends,” “you have become a nuisance,” “they will be chosen as delegates”). Unlike a direct object, which is acted upon by the subject, a predicate noun is equated with the subject and therefore must be identical with it in case.