By Dean Wampler
Software improvement at the present time is embracing useful programming (FP), no matter if it's for writing concurrent courses or for handling great info. the place does that depart Java builders? This concise e-book deals a realistic, approachable creation to FP for Java builders or a person who makes use of an object-oriented language.
Dean Wampler, Java professional and writer of Programming Scala (O'Reilly), indicates you ways to use FP ideas reminiscent of immutability, avoidance of side-effects, and higher-order features for your Java code. each one bankruptcy offers routines that can assist you perform what you've discovered. when you clutch the advantages of sensible programming, you’ll observe that it improves all the code you write.
* study simple FP ideas and follow them to object-oriented programming
* detect how FP is extra concise and modular than OOP
* Get valuable FP classes in your Java sort design—such as fending off nulls
* layout facts buildings and algorithms utilizing useful programming ideas
* Write concurrent courses utilizing the Actor version and software program transactional reminiscence
* Use useful libraries and frameworks for Java—and research the place to move subsequent to deepen your practical programming talents
Read or Download Functional Programming for Java Developers PDF
Similar java books
Over 60 basic yet exceptionally potent recipes for getting to know multithreaded software improvement with Java 7
* grasp all that Java 7 has to provide for concurrent programming
* become familiar with thread administration, the Fork/Join framework, concurrency periods and lots more and plenty extra during this e-book and booklet
* a pragmatic Cookbook full of recipes for reaching crucial Java Concurrency projects
Java continues to be the worldwide normal for constructing a variety of functions and firm software program, and the release of Java 7 brings with it intriguing new services for concurrent programming in terms of the concurrency utilities enhancement. this permits builders to utilize their functions with parallel job functionality. "Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" covers all parts of the Java concurrency API, supplying crucial recipes for benefiting from the interesting new capabilities.
On your desktop, you could hearken to song whenever you edit a be aware record and browse your emails, without notice! it's because your working procedure permits the concurrency of projects, very similar to the Java platform which bargains a variety of sessions to execute concurrent initiatives inside of a Java software. "Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" covers an important positive factors of the Java concurrency API, with detailed emphasis at the new functions of model 7.
With each one model, Java raises the on hand performance to facilitate improvement of concurrent courses. This ebook covers an important and precious mechanisms incorporated in model 7 of the Java concurrency API, so that you may be in a position to use them at once on your applications.
"Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" comprises recipes to assist you in achieving every thing from the elemental administration of threads and initiatives, to the recent Fork /Join framework, via synchronization mechanisms among projects, sorts of concurrent initiatives that Java can execute, information constructions that has to be utilized in concurrent functions and the sessions of the library that may be customized.
With the step by step examples during this booklet you’ll manage to practice an important and helpful gains of the Java 7 concurrency API.
What will you research from this ebook
* grasp the fundamentals of thread administration and synchronization ahead of diving into greater point concurrency projects
* familiarize yourself with intriguing new concurrency gains of Java 7, together with the Phaser category and the Fork/Join Framework
* effectively delegate thread administration to executors
* customise one of the most valuable periods of the Java concurrency API with real-world examples
* learn how to use high-level Java utilities to control synchronization among threads
* Get a sneak peek at utilizing Eclipse and NetBeans for debugging concurrency code
* keep away from issues of information inconsistency by way of studying the information constructions you want to use in concurrent purposes
* benefit from an advantage appendix filled with information that each programmer should still contemplate while constructing a concurrent program
"Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" is a realistic Cookbook filled with real-world ideas. Intermediate–advanced point Java builders will study from task-based recipes to take advantage of Java’s concurrent API to software thread secure solutions.
Making Java Groovy is a pragmatic instruction manual for builders who are looking to mixture Groovy into their day by day paintings with Java. It starts off by means of introducing the foremost variations among Java and Groovy—and how one can use them for your virtue. Then, it courses you step by step via reasonable improvement demanding situations, from internet functions to internet providers to computer functions, and indicates how Groovy makes them more uncomplicated to place into production.
About this Book
You don't want the complete strength of Java whilst you're writing a construct script, an easy method software, or a light-weight net app—but that's the place Groovy shines brightest. This dependent JVM-based dynamic language extends and simplifies Java so that you can pay attention to the duty to hand rather than dealing with minute info and pointless complexity.
Making Java Groov is a realistic advisor for builders who are looking to make the most of Groovy of their paintings with Java. It begins through introducing the foremost modifications among Java and Groovy and the way to take advantage of them on your virtue. Then, you'll specialise in the events you face each day, like eating and developing RESTful internet providers, operating with databases, and utilizing the Spring framework. You'll additionally discover the good Groovy instruments for construct tactics, checking out, and deployment and methods to write Groovy-based domain-specific languages that simplify Java development.
Written for builders conversant in Java. No Groovy adventure required.
Purchase of the print ebook incorporates a unfastened book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
• more straightforward Java
• Closures, developers, and metaprogramming
• Gradle for builds, Spock for checking out
• Groovy frameworks like Grails and Griffon
About the Author
Ken Kousen is an self reliant advisor and coach focusing on Spring, Hibernate, Groovy, and Grails.
Table of Contents
<ol><h5>PART 1: up to the mark WITH GROOVY</h5> • Why upload Groovy to Java?
• Groovy by means of instance
• Code-level integration
• utilizing Groovy positive aspects in Java
<h5>PART 2: GROOVY TOOLS</h5> • construct strategies
• trying out Groovy and Java initiatives
<h5>PART three: GROOVY within the actual WORLD</h5> • The Spring framework
• Database entry
• RESTful net prone
• development and trying out net applications
A accomplished Java advisor, with samples, routines, case experiences, and step by step instructionBeginning Java Programming: the thing orientated strategy is an easy source for purchasing begun with one of many world's so much enduringly well known programming languages. in response to sessions taught by way of the authors, the e-book begins with the fundamentals and progressively builds into extra complicated suggestions.
Because of the tireless efforts of open-source builders, Cocoon has speedy received visibility because the preeminent XML-based net publishing framework. regrettably, its documentation is still an important shortcoming. if you are new to Cocoon, gaining a feeling of precisely what you are able to do with it may be tricky, and truly getting all started might be even more durable.
- JBoss AS 7 Development (2nd Edition)
- Pro NetBeans IDE 5.5 Enterprise Edition
- Professional Eclipse 3 for Java Developers
- Beginning Java 8 Games Development
- Wireless J2ME™ Platform Programming
Extra info for Functional Programming for Java Developers
Suppose some method m1 takes a Function1
That’s useful, but there is a better way. Interest in Domain-Specific Languages is another recent, popular trend (see, for example, [Ghosh2011a] and [Ghosh2011b]). DSLs try to capture the idiomatic language used by domain experts directly in the code. You can implement DSLs in both objectoriented and functional languages. Some languages provide better support for custom DSL syntax than others. Back to our example, it can be useful to represent a domain with a DSL at the upper levels of abstraction, but questionable to create explicit object representations under this surface.
Notice that algebraic data types are making the same kinds of assertions about types themselves, imposing a rigor that helps us think about allowed representations of state and transitions from an instance representing one state to an instance representing another state. put("Scala" , "Hybrid Object-Functional"); Maps don’t make good algebraic data types, because the value of defining an “empty” vs. a “non-empty” type (or similar decomposition) is less useful. In part, this reflects the fact that the “obvious” implementation of List is strongly implied by the head and tail design.