By Vincenzo Bianco, Oronzio Manca, Sergio Nardini, Kambiz Vafai
Nanofluids are gaining the eye of scientists and researchers worldwide. This new classification of warmth move medium improves the thermal conductivity of fluid through postponing small stable debris inside it and provides the opportunity of elevated warmth move in numerous functions. Bringing jointly professional contributions from around the globe, warmth move Enhancement with Nanofluids provides a whole realizing of the applying of nanofluids in a number of fields and explains the most concepts utilized in the research of nanofuids move and warmth move.
Providing a rigorous framework to assist readers improve units utilising nanofluids, the ebook addresses simple themes that come with the research and measurements of thermophysical homes, convection, and warmth exchanger functionality. It explores the problems of convective instabilities, nanofluids in porous media, and entropy iteration in nanofluids. The publication additionally includes the most recent developments, ideas, methodologies, and examine at the topic.
Presented in sixteen chapters, the textual content:
- Discusses the potential mechanisms of thermal conduction enhancement
- Reviews the result of a theoretical research choosing the anomalous enhancement of warmth move in nanofluid flow
- Assesses various techniques modeling the thermal conductivity enhancement of nanofluids
- Focuses on experimental methodologies used to figure out the thermophysical homes of nanofluids
- Analyzes pressured convection warmth move in nanofluids in either laminar and turbulent convection
- Highlights the program of nanofluids in warmth exchangers and microchannels
- Discusses the usage of nanofluids in porous media
- Introduces the boiling of nanofluids
- Treats pool and circulate boiling via interpreting the influence of nanoparticles on those advanced phenomena
- Indicates destiny learn instructions to extra improve this sector of information, and more
Intended as a reference for researchers and engineers operating within the box, Heat move Enhancement with Nanofluids presents complicated subject matters that element the strengths, weaknesses, and capability destiny advancements in nanofluids warmth transfer.
Read or Download Heat transfer enhancement with nanofluids PDF
Similar thermodynamics books
Procedure warmth move principles of Thumb investigates the layout and implementation of commercial warmth exchangers. It presents the historical past had to comprehend and grasp the industrial software program applications utilized by expert engineers for layout and research of warmth exchangers. This publication makes a speciality of the categories of warmth exchangers most generally utilized by undefined, specifically shell-and-tube exchangers (including condensers, reboilers and vaporizers), air-cooled warmth exchangers and double-pipe (hairpin) exchangers.
A few facets of the physics of many-body structures arbitrarily clear of equilibrium, generally the characterization and irreversible evolution in their macroscopic kingdom, are thought of. the current prestige of phenomenological irreversible thermodynamics is defined. An strategy for development a statistical thermodynamics - dubbed Informational-Statistical-Thermodynamics - in response to a non-equilibrium statistical ensemble formalism is gifted.
- Thermodynamics and Kinetics of Water-Rock Interaction (Reviews in Mineralogy and Geochemistry 70)
- Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics: An intermediate level course
- On the Boltzmann Equation
- Introduction To Statistical Physics - Solutions Manual
- Fundamentals of classical statistical thermodynamics: dissipation, relaxation and fluctuation theorems
- Concepts in Thermal Physics
Extra resources for Heat transfer enhancement with nanofluids
2009) conducted an international nanofluid benchmark exercise, where several experimen tal datasets were analyzed by 34 different organizations around the world. They were able to use classical effective medium theory for welldispersed particles (Puliti, Paolucci, and Sen 2012a) to accurately reproduce experi mental data, providing evidence that there is no anomalous enhancement in the thermal conductivity of their limited sets of nanofluids. Sergis and Hardalupas (2011) conducted a detailed statistical analysis of several nanofluid properties presented in the literature.
Properties of nanofluid ◾ 15 thermal conductivity of water was reported by Assael et al. 6% by volume of MWCNTs. They also noted that the thermal conductivity enhancement increased with the lengthtodiameter ratio of the nanotubes. These first 10 years of nanofluid research suggested that the thermal conductivity enhancement in nanofluid must be a function of temperature, particle size, and concentration, but not much was said on the interfacial effects of the liquid–solid interaction. An interesting conclusion from Patel’s group (Patel et al.
Ding et al. (2006) showed an interesting linear shearthinning behavior for water–CNT nano fluids at lower shear rates, whereas the base fluid had a nonlinear trend. Hence, there are some discrepancies in the literature on the nature of the rheology of nanofluids: some believe that nanofluids are Newtonian (Das, Putra, and Roetzel 2003; Prasher, Song et al. 2006; Wang, Xu, and Choi 1999; Xuan and Li 2000), whereas the others found nonNewtonian 20 ◾ Samuel Paolucci and Gianluca Puliti shearthinning behavior (Ding et al.