By Will Iverson
Hibernate makes it a ways more straightforward to construct powerful, high-performance database functions with Java. Now there is a functional, hands-on consultant to utilizing Hibernate's versatile, quickly object/relational endurance and question providers. Will Iverson covers each part of improvement with Hibernate, from its mapping process to its complicated question mechanisms and transaction help. Iverson exhibits you the way to construct Hibernate ideas which can combine with Swing, with JSP, or even with EJBs using bean-managed endurance. utilizing reasonable examples, he demonstrates easy methods to paintings with power gadgets, deal with schema, and optimize database program functionality. After you have mastered Hibernate's center recommendations, Iverson offers top practices, counsel, methods, and magnificence counsel for much more potent improvement.
Read or Download Hibernate: a J2EE™ developer's guide PDF
Similar java books
Over 60 uncomplicated yet highly potent recipes for gaining knowledge of multithreaded software improvement with Java 7
* grasp all that Java 7 has to supply for concurrent programming
* become familiar with thread administration, the Fork/Join framework, concurrency periods and masses extra during this ebook and booklet
* a pragmatic Cookbook choked with recipes for reaching crucial Java Concurrency initiatives
Java continues to be the worldwide typical for constructing quite a few functions and company software program, and the release of Java 7 brings with it intriguing new functions for concurrent programming when it comes to the concurrency utilities enhancement. this permits builders to utilize their purposes with parallel job functionality. "Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" covers all components of the Java concurrency API, delivering crucial recipes for benefiting from the fascinating new capabilities.
On your desktop, you could take heed to track when you edit a be aware rfile and skim your emails, by surprise! it's because your working procedure permits the concurrency of initiatives, very like the Java platform which deals quite a few sessions to execute concurrent projects inside of a Java software. "Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" covers crucial positive aspects of the Java concurrency API, with distinct emphasis at the new features of model 7.
With each one model, Java raises the to be had performance to facilitate improvement of concurrent courses. This booklet covers crucial and precious mechanisms incorporated in model 7 of the Java concurrency API, so that you can be capable of use them without delay on your applications.
"Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" contains recipes to assist you in achieving every little thing from the elemental administration of threads and initiatives, to the hot Fork /Join framework, via synchronization mechanisms among initiatives, types of concurrent initiatives that Java can execute, information constructions that needs to be utilized in concurrent purposes and the periods of the library that may be customized.
With the step by step examples during this ebook you’ll be ready to practice crucial and beneficial gains of the Java 7 concurrency API.
What will you examine from this booklet
* grasp the fundamentals of thread administration and synchronization sooner than diving into better point concurrency initiatives
* become familiar with interesting new concurrency good points of Java 7, together with the Phaser classification and the Fork/Join Framework
* effectively delegate thread administration to executors
* customise the most helpful sessions of the Java concurrency API with real-world examples
* discover ways to use high-level Java utilities to control synchronization among threads
* Get a sneak peek at utilizing Eclipse and NetBeans for debugging concurrency code
* steer clear of issues of information inconsistency via studying the knowledge constructions you should use in concurrent functions
* benefit from an advantage appendix filled with information that each programmer should still examine while constructing a concurrent program
"Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" is a realistic Cookbook choked with real-world suggestions. Intermediate–advanced point Java builders will research from task-based recipes to exploit Java’s concurrent API to application thread secure solutions.
Making Java Groovy is a realistic guide for builders who are looking to mix Groovy into their day by day paintings with Java. It begins by means of introducing the most important modifications among Java and Groovy—and how one can use them on your virtue. Then, it courses you step by step via life like improvement demanding situations, from net functions to internet providers to laptop purposes, and indicates how Groovy makes them more straightforward to place into production.
About this Book
You don't want the entire strength of Java whilst you're writing a construct script, an easy approach software, or a light-weight internet app—but that's the place Groovy shines brightest. This based JVM-based dynamic language extends and simplifies Java so that you can be aware of the duty to hand rather than handling minute info and pointless complexity.
Making Java Groov is a realistic advisor for builders who are looking to make the most of Groovy of their paintings with Java. It starts off by means of introducing the major transformations among Java and Groovy and the way to exploit them in your virtue. Then, you'll concentrate on the events you face on a daily basis, like eating and growing RESTful internet prone, operating with databases, and utilizing the Spring framework. You'll additionally discover the nice Groovy instruments for construct techniques, checking out, and deployment and how to write Groovy-based domain-specific languages that simplify Java development.
Written for builders acquainted with Java. No Groovy event required.
Purchase of the print e-book features a loose e-book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
• more uncomplicated Java
• Closures, developers, and metaprogramming
• Gradle for builds, Spock for checking out
• Groovy frameworks like Grails and Griffon
About the Author
Ken Kousen is an autonomous advisor and coach focusing on Spring, Hibernate, Groovy, and Grails.
Table of Contents
<ol><h5>PART 1: up to the mark WITH GROOVY</h5> • Why upload Groovy to Java?
• Groovy through instance
• Code-level integration
• utilizing Groovy positive aspects in Java
<h5>PART 2: GROOVY TOOLS</h5> • construct techniques
• trying out Groovy and Java tasks
<h5>PART three: GROOVY within the genuine WORLD</h5> • The Spring framework
• Database entry
• RESTful internet prone
• construction and checking out net applications
A accomplished Java consultant, with samples, workouts, case reviews, and step by step instructionBeginning Java Programming: the item orientated procedure is an easy source for purchasing begun with one of many world's such a lot enduringly well known programming languages. in keeping with sessions taught by way of the authors, the ebook begins with the fundamentals and progressively builds into extra complex strategies.
Because of the tireless efforts of open-source builders, Cocoon has fast received visibility because the preeminent XML-based internet publishing framework. regrettably, its documentation continues to be an important shortcoming. if you are new to Cocoon, gaining a feeling of precisely what you are able to do with it may be tough, and truly getting begun may be even tougher.
- Tomcat: The Definitive Guide (2nd Edition)
- Practical RichFaces
- Spring in Action, 3rd Edition
- Groovy Recipes Greasing the Wheels of Java
- TCP/IP Sockets in Java, Second Edition: Practical Guide for Programmers
- Pro JSF and Ajax Building Rich Internet Components
Extra info for Hibernate: a J2EE™ developer's guide
5. FinderRenderer"/> Running the Ant task will automatically generate (or regenerate) the Java classes as described in the mapping file. Generated Persistent Classes You may be surprised to find that the source generated by Hibernate is simply a set of ordinary JavaBeans (sometimes referred to as plain old Java objects or POJO). 2 shows an overview of the generated source (the full argument constructors are omitted for readability). 2. Author class. Probably the most shocking thing about the generated source is the lack of any especially unusual information.
45 46 List Posts Our first JSP lists the currently available posts. When the page is first visited, there are no posts. 4, the only real user action at this point is to add a post (which, in turn, requires an author). 4. 5. 5. 9, provides an introduction to Hibernate object retrieval using the Criteria API. A session is retrieved from our AppSession factory, a transaction is started, and a query in the form of a Criteria object is executed. Iterator holds the returned Post objects. class, the application indicates that it wants all of the Post objects.
The first is only executed if the form has been submitted. As with the code shown for creating a new author, the most notable change is the use of an Author object to indicate the post's author. The second block uses the Criteria API to retrieve the list of authors. 13. getFirstName()%> <% } } %>