By Jim Manico, August Detlefsen
Confirmed tools for development safe Java-Based internet Applications
Develop, set up, and hold safe Java functions utilizing the specialist innovations and open resource libraries defined during this Oracle Press consultant. Iron-Clad Java offers the tactics required to construct strong and safe purposes from the beginning and explains the right way to get rid of present protection insects. most sensible practices for authentication, entry regulate, info defense, assault prevention, errors dealing with, and masses extra are integrated. utilizing the sensible suggestion and real-world examples supplied during this authoritative source, you'll achieve worthwhile safe software program engineering skills.
• determine safe authentication and consultation administration processes
• enforce a powerful entry regulate layout for multi-tenant net applications
• guard opposed to cross-site scripting, cross-site request forgery, and clickjacking
• safeguard delicate information whereas it's kept or in transit
• hinder SQL injection and different injection attacks
• be certain secure dossier I/O and upload
• Use potent logging, mistakes dealing with, and intrusion detection methods
• stick with a accomplished safe software program improvement lifecycle
Read or Download Iron-Clad Java: Building Secure Web Applications PDF
Best java books
Over 60 easy yet highly powerful recipes for learning multithreaded program improvement with Java 7
* grasp all that Java 7 has to provide for concurrent programming
* familiarize yourself with thread administration, the Fork/Join framework, concurrency sessions and lots more and plenty extra during this publication and ebook
* a pragmatic Cookbook full of recipes for attaining crucial Java Concurrency projects
Java continues to be the worldwide normal for constructing numerous functions and firm software program, and the release of Java 7 brings with it intriguing new features for concurrent programming when it comes to the concurrency utilities enhancement. this enables builders to utilize their functions with parallel job functionality. "Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" covers all components of the Java concurrency API, supplying crucial recipes for benefiting from the interesting new capabilities.
On your desktop, you could take heed to track once you edit a be aware rfile and browse your emails, abruptly! this is why your working method permits the concurrency of initiatives, very like the Java platform which bargains a number of sessions to execute concurrent initiatives inside of a Java application. "Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" covers an important positive factors of the Java concurrency API, with exact emphasis at the new services of model 7.
With every one model, Java raises the on hand performance to facilitate improvement of concurrent courses. This e-book covers crucial and invaluable mechanisms integrated in model 7 of the Java concurrency API, so that you may be in a position to use them at once on your applications.
"Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" comprises recipes to enable you in achieving every thing from the elemental administration of threads and initiatives, to the hot Fork /Join framework, via synchronization mechanisms among projects, types of concurrent projects that Java can execute, facts buildings that has to be utilized in concurrent purposes and the periods of the library that may be customized.
With the step by step examples during this publication you’ll be ready to practice crucial and worthwhile gains of the Java 7 concurrency API.
What will you research from this ebook
* grasp the fundamentals of thread administration and synchronization earlier than diving into larger point concurrency initiatives
* familiarize yourself with intriguing new concurrency gains of Java 7, together with the Phaser classification and the Fork/Join Framework
* effectively delegate thread administration to executors
* customise one of the most beneficial sessions of the Java concurrency API with real-world examples
* learn how to use high-level Java utilities to control synchronization among threads
* Get a sneak peek at utilizing Eclipse and NetBeans for debugging concurrency code
* keep away from issues of info inconsistency through studying the information constructions you should use in concurrent purposes
* benefit from an advantage appendix full of information that each programmer may still examine while constructing a concurrent program
"Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" is a pragmatic Cookbook choked with real-world options. Intermediate–advanced point Java builders will study from task-based recipes to exploit Java’s concurrent API to application thread secure solutions.
Making Java Groovy is a realistic instruction manual for builders who are looking to combination Groovy into their day by day paintings with Java. It starts off by means of introducing the foremost modifications among Java and Groovy—and how one can use them on your virtue. Then, it courses you step by step via life like improvement demanding situations, from internet functions to net providers to machine purposes, and exhibits how Groovy makes them more uncomplicated to place into production.
About this Book
You don't want the whole strength of Java whilst you're writing a construct script, an easy method software, or a light-weight net app—but that's the place Groovy shines brightest. This dependent JVM-based dynamic language extends and simplifies Java so that you can be aware of the duty handy rather than coping with minute information and pointless complexity.
Making Java Groov is a pragmatic consultant for builders who are looking to reap the benefits of Groovy of their paintings with Java. It starts off by way of introducing the major variations among Java and Groovy and the way to take advantage of them for your virtue. Then, you'll specialize in the occasions you face on a daily basis, like eating and growing RESTful internet companies, operating with databases, and utilizing the Spring framework. You'll additionally discover the good Groovy instruments for construct procedures, checking out, and deployment and the way to write Groovy-based domain-specific languages that simplify Java development.
Written for builders acquainted with Java. No Groovy event required.
Purchase of the print ebook encompasses a loose book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
• more uncomplicated Java
• Closures, developers, and metaprogramming
• Gradle for builds, Spock for trying out
• Groovy frameworks like Grails and Griffon
About the Author
Ken Kousen is an self sufficient advisor and coach focusing on Spring, Hibernate, Groovy, and Grails.
Table of Contents
<ol><h5>PART 1: in control WITH GROOVY</h5> • Why upload Groovy to Java?
• Groovy by means of instance
• Code-level integration
• utilizing Groovy positive factors in Java
<h5>PART 2: GROOVY TOOLS</h5> • construct approaches
• checking out Groovy and Java tasks
<h5>PART three: GROOVY within the actual WORLD</h5> • The Spring framework
• Database entry
• RESTful internet providers
• construction and checking out internet applications
A complete Java advisor, with samples, workouts, case reports, and step by step instructionBeginning Java Programming: the item orientated procedure is an easy source for buying began with one of many world's so much enduringly well known programming languages. in keeping with periods taught by means of the authors, the e-book begins with the fundamentals and progressively builds into extra complicated options.
Because of the tireless efforts of open-source builders, Cocoon has fast received visibility because the preeminent XML-based net publishing framework. regrettably, its documentation is still an important shortcoming. in case you are new to Cocoon, gaining a feeling of precisely what you are able to do with it may be tough, and truly getting all started should be even tougher.
- Algorithms and Data Structures: The Basic Toolbox
- Java Garage
- JavaServer Faces 2.0, The Complete Reference
- WebLogic: The Definitive Guide
- Programming in Scala (2nd Edition)
Extra resources for Iron-Clad Java: Building Secure Web Applications
At the very least, the subject’s username and password ciphertext should be stored in your identity persistence mechanism. Password storage is a complex topic, which we discuss shortly. In the previous step, the user submitted his username and credentials over a login form via HTTPS. The username is first looked up in the database to ensure it exists. 5 If the user’s password ciphertext matches the ciphertext that is stored in your database (and hopefully the multi-factor value they entered is also valid), then the user has logged in successfully and you can start their session.
Session fixation occurs when an attacker can trick a victim into logging in to a site using a session ID that is known to the attacker. The attack scenario works like this: 1. First the attacker visits your website to obtain a valid session ID. 2. The attacker then creates a URL for the vulnerable website that includes this session identifier as an HTTP GET parameter value, for example using a URL rewriting vulnerability. 3. The attacker tricks a victim into clicking on the URL to visit the vulnerable website.
This achieves our goal of being slow enough to hamper brute force attacks, while still being fast enough to not harm the user experience for a legitimate user with the correct password. As time goes by, computers will become faster and this iteration count will take less time to complete. This function can be modified to be stronger by increasing the number of iterations. Since the iteration count is stored in your database along with the hashed password, you can increase the number of iterations over time without harming backward compatibility.