By Mike Robinson
Jakarta Struts For Dummies indicates Java internet software builders easy methods to use the Jakarta Struts framework to strengthen Java-based internet functions within the For Dummies pleasant, easy-to-understand variety. assurance: demystifies the Struts framework and offers a brief jump-start pattern program; explores middle information regarding the Struts framework, together with the Model-View-Controller layout paradigm; extends the Struts framework, masking issues equivalent to exception dealing with, plug-ins, utilizing tag libraries, and utilizing tiles to create web content; applies the specifics of the Struts framework to a real-life, browser-based song assortment net software.
Read or Download Jakarta Struts For Dummies PDF
Similar java books
Over 60 easy yet particularly potent recipes for learning multithreaded program improvement with Java 7
* grasp all that Java 7 has to provide for concurrent programming
* become familiar with thread administration, the Fork/Join framework, concurrency sessions and masses extra during this e-book and ebook
* a pragmatic Cookbook full of recipes for reaching an important Java Concurrency initiatives
Java is still the worldwide typical for constructing a number of functions and company software program, and the release of Java 7 brings with it fascinating new features for concurrent programming in terms of the concurrency utilities enhancement. this enables builders to utilize their functions with parallel job functionality. "Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" covers all components of the Java concurrency API, supplying crucial recipes for profiting from the intriguing new capabilities.
On your laptop, you could hearken to tune once you edit a notice record and skim your emails, abruptly! this is why your working method permits the concurrency of initiatives, very similar to the Java platform which deals a variety of sessions to execute concurrent initiatives inside of a Java software. "Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" covers an important positive aspects of the Java concurrency API, with specified emphasis at the new features of model 7.
With each one model, Java raises the to be had performance to facilitate improvement of concurrent courses. This booklet covers an important and valuable mechanisms incorporated in model 7 of the Java concurrency API, so that you should be capable of use them without delay on your applications.
"Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" contains recipes to assist you in achieving every little thing from the fundamental administration of threads and projects, to the hot Fork /Join framework, via synchronization mechanisms among initiatives, sorts of concurrent initiatives that Java can execute, facts constructions that needs to be utilized in concurrent functions and the sessions of the library that may be customized.
With the step by step examples during this ebook you’ll be capable to observe crucial and helpful gains of the Java 7 concurrency API.
What will you examine from this booklet
* grasp the fundamentals of thread administration and synchronization ahead of diving into greater point concurrency projects
* become familiar with interesting new concurrency positive factors of Java 7, together with the Phaser category and the Fork/Join Framework
* effectively delegate thread administration to executors
* customise essentially the most helpful sessions of the Java concurrency API with real-world examples
* learn how to use high-level Java utilities to control synchronization among threads
* Get a sneak peek at utilizing Eclipse and NetBeans for debugging concurrency code
* steer clear of issues of facts inconsistency through studying the information constructions you'll want to use in concurrent purposes
* benefit from an advantage appendix choked with advice that each programmer should still give some thought to while constructing a concurrent software
"Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" is a pragmatic Cookbook full of real-world recommendations. Intermediate–advanced point Java builders will study from task-based recipes to exploit Java’s concurrent API to application thread secure solutions.
Making Java Groovy is a realistic guide for builders who are looking to mixture Groovy into their daily paintings with Java. It begins by means of introducing the main modifications among Java and Groovy—and how one can use them in your virtue. Then, it publications you step by step via reasonable improvement demanding situations, from net purposes to net providers to computer functions, and exhibits how Groovy makes them more uncomplicated to place into production.
About this Book
You don't want the complete strength of Java whilst you're writing a construct script, an easy procedure software, or a light-weight net app—but that's the place Groovy shines brightest. This dependent JVM-based dynamic language extends and simplifies Java so that you can be aware of the duty handy rather than dealing with minute information and pointless complexity.
Making Java Groov is a realistic consultant for builders who are looking to reap the benefits of Groovy of their paintings with Java. It starts off by means of introducing the main ameliorations among Java and Groovy and the way to exploit them in your virtue. Then, you'll specialise in the occasions you face each day, like eating and growing RESTful net companies, operating with databases, and utilizing the Spring framework. You'll additionally discover the good Groovy instruments for construct procedures, checking out, and deployment and the way to write Groovy-based domain-specific languages that simplify Java development.
Written for builders accustomed to Java. No Groovy adventure required.
Purchase of the print publication incorporates a unfastened e-book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
• more straightforward Java
• Closures, developers, and metaprogramming
• Gradle for builds, Spock for trying out
• Groovy frameworks like Grails and Griffon
About the Author
Ken Kousen is an autonomous advisor and coach focusing on Spring, Hibernate, Groovy, and Grails.
Table of Contents
<ol><h5>PART 1: on top of things WITH GROOVY</h5> • Why upload Groovy to Java?
• Groovy by way of instance
• Code-level integration
• utilizing Groovy positive factors in Java
<h5>PART 2: GROOVY TOOLS</h5> • construct techniques
• trying out Groovy and Java tasks
<h5>PART three: GROOVY within the genuine WORLD</h5> • The Spring framework
• Database entry
• RESTful internet companies
• development and trying out net applications
A accomplished Java consultant, with samples, routines, case experiences, and step by step instructionBeginning Java Programming: the item orientated procedure is an easy source for purchasing all started with one of many world's so much enduringly well known programming languages. in line with periods taught by way of the authors, the ebook begins with the fundamentals and steadily builds into extra complex ideas.
Because of the tireless efforts of open-source builders, Cocoon has fast won visibility because the preeminent XML-based internet publishing framework. regrettably, its documentation is still an important shortcoming. if you are new to Cocoon, gaining a feeling of precisely what you are able to do with it may be tough, and really getting began could be even tougher.
- Liferay 6.x Portal Enterprise Intranets Cookbook
- Java Reference Library 1.2
- Programming Hive
- Data Structures and Abstractions with Java (4th Edition)
- Learning Java (4th Edition)
Extra info for Jakarta Struts For Dummies
Opensource generally refers to software that the distributor provides at no cost to the user and that includes both the binary (compiled) code and the source code. You obtain open-source software under a spe cific license, and the license can vary from one software provider to another. org) license provides that you must always include the source code if you redistribute the software of the application, whether or not you have made modifications to the original source code. org) license does not require you to provide the source code when you redis tribute one of their applications.
If the Tomcat home page does not appear, you probably didn’t change the port to 80 in Step 7 in the “Installing Tomcat under Windows” section. To change the port, follow these steps: 1. xml. 2. xml file with a text editor, such as Notepad. 3. Use the Find function (in Notepad, choose Edit➪Find) to find 8080. 4. Click Find Next to find the next instance of 8080. You see the statement port=”8080”. 5. Change 8080 to 80. 6. xml file. 7. Restart the Tomcat server. 8. Try typing http://localhost in your browser again.
3. Make sure Tomcat is running properly by using your browser to open the Tomcat Web page at http://localhost. You should see the Tomcat startup page (refer to Figure 2-6). If Tomcat doesn’t open properly, make sure that Tomcat was not running previously. Click the useful Restart Tomcat button on the Eclipse tool bar. Clicking this button stops Tomcat if it’s currently running and then starts it again. If Tomcat is not running, clicking the button just starts it. 43 44 Part I: Getting to Know Jakarta Struts 4.