By Charles Bell, Mats Kindahl, Lars Thalmann
Server bottlenecks and screw ups are a truth of existence in any database deployment, yet they don't need to convey every little thing to a halt. MySQL has numerous good points that may assist you guard your approach from outages, no matter if it's working on undefined, digital machines, or within the cloud. MySQL excessive Availability explains the best way to use those replication, cluster, and tracking positive factors in quite a lot of real-life situations.
Written by way of engineers who designed some of the instruments lined within, this e-book finds undocumented or hard-to-find points of MySQL reliability and excessive availability -- wisdom that’s crucial for any association utilizing this database system.
* discover the binary log, a dossier for replication that is helping in catastrophe restoration and troubleshooting
* Get innovations for making improvements to reaction time and dealing with huge facts units
* video display database task and function, in addition to significant working method parameters
* maintain song of what masters and slaves are doing, and care for disasters and restarts, corruption, and different incidents
* Automate key initiatives with code from an open resource library written via the authors
* research thoughts for utilizing MySQL in virtualized environments, corresponding to Amazon internet companies
* Use MySQL Cluster to accomplish excessive availability
"MySQL replication is generally deployed yet hasn't ever been safely defined. This e-book adjustments that." -- Mark Callaghan, MySQL contributor and chief of MySQL engineering efforts at the various world's biggest web businesses
Read or Download MySQL High Availability: Tools for Building Robust Data Centers PDF
Best nonfiction books
Wireframe like a professional, the simple means
* an easy but specialist method of wireframing and prototyping utilizing Balsamiq Mockups
* perform crucial wireframing talents utilizing real-world examples and difficult workouts
* construct basic, interactive, clickable and powerful prototypes with Balsamiq
Balsamiq Mockups is a straightforward to exploit, enticing software for a person seeking to strategize and brainstorm rules round product layout and data structure. With Balsamiq, you could strategize, create, prototype and current your principles basically and successfully to audiences huge and small.
"Balsamiq Wireframes Quickstart Guide" is a quick paced and straightforward to keep on with tutorial publication that will get you up and working quick whereas hard you to be the simplest you will be utilizing the instrument. With this ebook in hand, it is going to take in simple terms mins to offer an concept on screen.
Wireframing is among the key steps of potent person interface layout and structure. discovering the fitting instruments to get your options onto the web page quick and obviously is key in your good fortune. This ebook may have you in your method very quickly. "Balsamiq Mockups Quickstart Guide" will stroll you thru the whole program in a quick, uncomplicated and fascinating means. you can be offered with wireframe samples, workouts and real-world examples that might interact, problem and help you develop into knowledgeable wireframer and Balsamiq consumer. no matter if you're looking to speak principles in your workforce, a shopper, a product supervisor, an IT developer, or when you are wireframing for the thrill of it, this ebook is for you. by the point you're comprehensive, you've mastered the instruments to do no matter what your brain can imagine up. the remainder is as much as you.
What will you examine from this e-book
* The ins-and outs of the Balsamiq Mockups program
* the best way to take into consideration structure and layout
* easy methods to technique wireframing from the person event standpoint
* tips to create uncomplicated, clickable prototypes
* how one can converse your principles basically to giant, different groups
* tips to current your paintings professionally
* the place to discover worthy assets to extend your wisdom
* specialist templates to obtain and construct upon, utilizing real-world examples and exercises.
This e-book is a step by step advisor to studying Balsamiq Mockups and wireframing mostly. Written in an attractive, effortless to keep on with variety and move, readers can make the most of unfastened, downloadable templates that educate by means of development upon past chapters till every one lesson is realized and utilized, making sure real studying, not only memorization.
Who this booklet is written for
If you're enthusiastic about wireframing, designing and speaking your rules sincerely and fast, then this publication is for you.
EXOTIQUE offers 228 examples of remarkable personality paintings through 113 artists from 37 international locations offered over 192 pages of the very best quality construction. as well as exhilarating personality art, EXOTIQUE gains the profiles of 8 famous personality artists operating in the electronic arts neighborhood with full-spread positive aspects.
The number 1 wine book—now updated!
The paintings of winemaking could be a prevalent culture relationship again millions of years, yet at the present time, wine is trendier and warmer than ever. Now, wine specialists and authors Ed McCarthy and Mary Ewing-Mulligan have revised their renowned Wine For Dummies to carry an up-to-date, down-to-earth examine what's in, what's out, and what's new in wine.
Wine fans and beginners, bring up your glasses! the number 1 wine booklet has been up to date! If you're a gourmet, Wine For Dummies gets you on top of things on what's in and assist you take your pastime to the following point. If you're new to the area of wine, it is going to clue you in on what you've been lacking and enable you to start. It starts off with the elemental varieties of wine, how wines are made, and extra. Then it will get all the way down to specifics, like navigating eating place wine lists, decoding wine labels, dislodging obdurate corks, and loads more.
• comprises up-to-date details on wine areas in the course of the global, together with the alterations that experience taken position in Chile, Argentina, elements of japanese Europe, the Mt. Etna area in Sicily, between different wine areas in Italy and California's Sonoma Coast
• Covers what's occurring within the "Old World" of wine, together with France, Italy, and Spain, and will get you up-to-speed on what's sizzling (and what's now not) within the "New World" of Wine, together with the U. S. , Australia, and New Zealand
• beneficial properties up to date classic charts and cost guidelines
• Covers wine bloggers and using cellphone apps
Wine For Dummies isn't just a superb source and reference, it's a great learn. It's full-bodied, but gentle. .. wealthy, but crisp. .. powerful, but fresh. .. .
Up to date in a ninth variation, this top-selling, complete introductory public talking highlights and develops the subject of discovering Your Voice as a speaker and as somebody, supported by way of new pedagogy, a number of pattern scholar speeches, and considerably streamlined, reorganized content material throughout.
- In the Shadow of the American Dream
- Planet of Cities
- Inside Iran
- 10-Minute Energy-Saving Secrets: 250 Ways to Save Big Bucks Year Round
Additional info for MySQL High Availability: Tools for Building Robust Data Centers
PDA-PT: This device is similar to the tablet we saw previously. • WirelessEndDevice-PT: This is a device with a wireless interface. It has an editable GUI that uses HTML code. The GUI tab has Traffic Generator similar to the one available on PCs and laptops. • WiredEndDevice-PT: This is similar to the previous device but has a wired interface. Configuring end devices End devices have a Desktop tab, which provides a lot of utilities for testing and debugging the network. We will learn about each utility in this section.
If the chosen image is smaller than the workspace, you can use the Display Tiled Background Image option. In the physical workspace, the background can be changed for each of the intercity, city, building, and wiring closets in the same way. Summary In this chapter, we've learned about the physical workspace of Packet Tracer. This will help you to discover a lot of new possibilities for using wireless devices. Customizing icons and backgrounds not only improves aesthetics but also helps to differentiate between devices belonging to different organizations.
Add a PC and a server to the workspace and connect them using a copper crossover cable. 2. Assign IP addresses to both of them in the same subnet. 0. 3. From the common tools bar, click on the closed envelope icon or use the shortcut key P. 4. The pointer will change to an envelope symbol. Click on the PC first and then on the server. Now look at the User Created Packet box. You'll see the status as Successful and will also see the source, the destination, and the type of packet that was sent. That was very simple, wasn't it?