By Lilian Hobbs PhD, Susan Hillson MS in CIS Boston University, Shilpa Lawande, Pete Smith
Oracle RAC and grid know-how is remodeling the economics of top of the range database computing and is a expertise that every one Oracle pros should still get to grips with. Murali is likely one of the world's most effective autonomous specialists on Oracle RAC expertise and his publication comprises every thing you must develop into informed in either the speculation and perform of actual program Clusters. while you're making plans a RAC implementation, seeking to optimize an present RAC implementation or just are looking to develop into extra conversant in this significant know-how, you want to learn this ebook
Read Online or Download Oracle 10g RAC: Grid, Services and Clustering PDF
Similar databases books
This booklet is a short reference for the SQL dialect supported by way of the Teradata Relational Database administration method. The publication can also be a brief connection with the supported information description words for the Teradata RDBMS and the information Dictionary. The viewers for this fast reference is all clients of Teradata SQL who want quickly, non-detailed information regarding the right way to constitution a SQL assertion.
Create queries that make kinds and studies worthwhile increase kinds to entry the knowledge you would like and make studies that make feel! for those who idea you needed to use a spreadsheet application to provide reviews and kinds, wager what! entry can prove great-looking varieties and studies that truly exhibit what is going on together with your facts -- in the event you know the way to invite it properly.
- 50 Tips and Tricks for MongoDB Developers
- Oracle 9i Introduction to SQL Part II
- The Definitive Guide to Android
- Oracle9i DBA JumpStart
- Oracle CRM On Demand Dashboards (Osborne ORACLE Press Series)
Extra info for Oracle 10g RAC: Grid, Services and Clustering
Note: These are listeners used by Oracle Clusterware and should not be confused with the database listener. 6. Once connection is established between the various listeners, the node moves to an ALIVE state. 7. Now, to determine if the voting disk continues to be available, CSS performs a veriﬁcation check. After an acknowledgement message is received from the vote disk, the node status moves to an ACTIVE state. 8. CSS veriﬁes the number of nodes already registered as part of the cluster by performing an active count function.
11. Tablespaces can be transported across different platforms; while this is not a true RAC-only feature, it plays an important role in the overall availability of the enterprise conﬁguration. Tablespaces can be transported across nonidentical platforms providing help during migration from one operating system to another. 12. The scheduler feature helps group jobs that share common characteristics and behavior into larger entities called job classes. These job classes can then be prioritized by controlling the resources allocated to each class and by specifying the service where the job should run.
GC provides a simpliﬁed, centralized management framework for managing enterprise resources and analyzing a grid’s performance. Administrators can manage the complete grid environment through a web browser through the whole system’s software life cycle, front-to-back from any location on the network. GC views the availability and performance of the grid infrastructure as a uniﬁed whole rather than as isolated storage units, databases, and application servers. Database Administrators (DBAs) can group databases and servers into single logical entities and manage a group of targets as one unit.